Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Miss the Boy :-(

My offspring has been away visiting his dad and his grandparents for about a month now. It's funny...I was so excited for the alone time but now I'm thinking it's enough now. And I'm a little unnerved by that. I never wanted to be the type of mom who has and has no desire for an identity outside of the role of mom. Don't get me wrong, my son is the most important person in my life, but "happy mom, happy kids". How can you be a happily functioning mother if you can't find pleasure in doing things that don't involve your children. There may be people out there that will think I'm a less than stellar parent(kiss my arse, by the way) but I just don't think that's the way to raise a little person to be a happy, fully functioning adult. THEY have to see YOU independent, happy, content, peaceful, satisfied in order to identify what those states of being look like. Right?

Having said all that, I do miss my kid. I miss hanging out with him at Border's, going to our favorite barbeque joint for lunch, and asking him about girls in order to make him squirm. The apartment has a different energy when he's not here. It's darker and has a little less life.

Saturday can't get here fast enough. Maybe I'll take him to Dave's for lunch and we can shoot the breeze and I can ask him about the cute girls he met in the ATL.

4 comments:

  1. I can definetly relate to this. no matter how much u bitch and complain about ur kids and not having any time to urself its sad being without them. whenever my girls have gonwe to their dad i always have all these plans in my head about what im going to do and it never fails...i always end up at home, on my computer or watching tv. i never go anywhere! bedtime is the worst for me. its almost eerie knowing that they're not there with me. hope u and ur son have a nice time catching up =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww makes me want a kid :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nebby, you can borrow mine in November...he'll have hopped on my nerves but good by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to!!! I would love to be a mom BUT i cant stand the baby stage

    ReplyDelete