Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mama Never Said There'd Be Days Like This...(and frankly, I'm a little pissed off about that)

My sweet, fluffy baby at 6 mos.


My 13 year old...still sweet...but only when he wants a new PS3 game.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I'd just had the c-section that made me someone's mommy. The nurses had just finished doing the APGAR test and all the whatnot that happens when a new person first makes their way into the world. Finally, freshly diapered and swaddled, they handed me my screaming, bright red, cone-headed new son. My mom and I both looked at him in wonder. I was amazed...all I could do was stare at him, I mean, he'd just been inside my tummy not 45 minutes ago. I was so in love...I couldn't imagine not loving this perfect little creature.

Cut to 13 years later. That perfect little creature has been replaced by a moody, laconic, slightly smelly, hairy, moody, always hungry, moody, lazy, video game engrossed, moody teenager. (Did I mention he was moody?). When did this happen? Where did my sweet little boy go? And why didn't anyone tell me that teenage boys experience mood swings almost as violent and unforgiving as a teenage girls? Is this some sort of cosmic joke?? Well, I'm not laughing! You mean to tell me that not only am I living with an eating machine who hates doing chores, I have to put up with a 'tude, too? I mean...I can't even talk to the boy at times. Everything is "Mom, I know" or "what??", or "I am" and I'd hate to have to embarrass little dude, but I will embarrass little dude if I have to deal with that 'tude and that funky tone of his. My little brother says that it's just a phase and that he'll grow out of it, and I sincerly hope that's true, because I'd really like for him to live long enough to graduate high school. Right now...it's not looking good for him, I'll be honest.

Y'all pray for the boy...

1 comment: