Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sometimes I Make Myself Sick

::heavy sigh::One day I'm going to figure out why I'm so all or nothing. I shut down my original "Smoke and Funhouse Mirrors" blog one day on a whim because I felt 'distracted' and that I was blogging 'for all the wrong reasons'. Now picture me sprawled on a fainting couch with the back of my hand pressed dramatically against my forehead. And now I beg myself, as I would anyone else with their heads hopelessly shoved up their own ass, to please get over yourself. Writing that blog was fun and cathartic and a way to flex the writing muscle. I was the one trying to make it be something other than that. I don't care if I have my finger on the pulse of what's relevent in music or movies or fashion...I need to write. And I need to write about things that matter to me. So that's precisely what I'm going to do. Because most of the time, in the grand scheme of things, life is not about what's important to the masses...it's about what's important, interesting, and joy bringing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment